White Turkey Chili
- 1 Pound Kretschmar Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, Diced1 Pound
- 8 Ounces Kretschmar Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded8 Ounces
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO 2 Tablespoons
- 1 Medium Whole Medium Yellow Onion, Diced1 Medium Whole
- Salt, To Taste
- Black Pepper Fresh Ground, To Taste
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin2 Teaspoons
- 5 Cloves Garlic Minced5 Cloves
- 1 Whole Jalapeño Seeded and Minced1 Whole
- 3 7-Ounce Cans Green Chiles, Diced3 7-Ounce Cans
- 3 15-Ounce Cans White Beans Drained and Rinsed3 15-Ounce Cans
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano2 Teaspoons
- 4 1/2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth4 1/2 Cups
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped1/3 Cup
- 1/4 Cup Cornmeal1/4 Cup
- Sour Cream
- Lime Slices
- Shredded Cheese
HEAT the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
ADD onion to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
ADD cumin to the sauteed onions and cook for an additional minute.
ADD garlic and jalapeño to the onions and cook for one more minute before adding in the green chiles.
TAKE a large slow cooker, combine the Kretschmar Over Roasted Turkey, beans, oregano and onion mixture. Add 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth along with cilantro and stir to combine.
PLACE the cornmeal in a small bowl and slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of chicken brothl. Once mixed, stir the cornmeal mixture into the slow cooker.
COVER and cook on high for 3 hours. Add more chicken broth to the chili if it is too thick in consistency.
LADLE the white turkey chili into bowls and garnish with desired toppings.