- 1/2 Pound Kretschmar Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, Chopped1/2 Pound
- 2 1/2 Pounds Tomatoes Mixed, Ripe & Cut into bite-size piece2 1/2 Pounds
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt2 Teaspoons
- 6 Cups Ciabatta or Rustic Sourdough Bread Cut into 1 inch Cubes6 Cups
- 10 Tablespoons EVOO, divided10 Tablespoons
- 1 Whole Shallot Small, Minced1 Whole
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Cloves, Minced2 Teaspoons
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard1/2 Teaspoon
- 2 Tablespoons White or Red Wine Vinegar2 Tablespoons
- Black Pepper Freshly Ground, To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Basil Leaves, Roughly Chopped1/2 Cup
- 4 Ounces Mozzarella Pearls Halved4 Ounces
- 1/2 Whole Medium Red Onion, Thinly Sliced1/2 Whole
PLACE chopped tomatoes in a colander set over a bowl and season with 2 teaspoons (8g) kosher salt. Toss to coat. Set aside at room temperature to drain, tossing occasionally. Drain for a minimum of 15 minutes.
PREHEAT oven to 350°F (180°C) and adjust rack to center position. In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes, until crisp and firm but not browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
REMOVE colander with tomatoes from bowl with tomato juice. Place colander with tomatoes in sink. Add shallot, garlic, mustard, and vinegar to bowl with tomato juice. Whisking constantly, drizzle in remaining 1/2 cup (120ml) olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
COMBINE toasted bread, tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella and dressing in a large bowl. Add basil leaves. Toss everything to coat and season with salt and pepper. Let rest 30 minutes before serving, tossing occasionally until the dressing is absorbed by the bread.
TOP salad mixture with chopped pieces of Kretschmar Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and serve!